One week Dad had a meeting and would not be able to pick us up, I knew the kids would not make the mile trek home after walking to and enjoying the library. I decided to ride Dad's bike with Benson in the child seat and Sarah and Elsie in the trailer. I wasn't sure I would be able to pull all of them but I was determined so we all piled in and off we went.
The bike ride went quite well. Due to the positioning of the bike rack I needed help to get the bike and trailer into position to park. It was at this point that I began to realize how interesting we must have looked to others around us. After enjoying storytime, we were checking out our books I realized I did not have my library card, the librarian suggested Sarah get a library card of her own to check out the books and began the application. Meanwhile Benson had had enough began to run wildly around the library. I left Sarah to check out the books and tried to coax Benson out from underneath the table where he was playing peek-a-boo with a woman reading the newspaper. She admired the baby and was amazed to learn I had a 3 year old, 18 month old, and 3 month old. We returned to find Sarah had finished checking out the books.
As we were all putting on our helmets and strapping in on the bike 20 or so people must have filed out commenting on us as they walked to their cars, including the newspaper woman further commenting on how awesome we were on our bike.
That evening as Dad laughed at our retelling of the story I told him that the kids and I leave the house if not only for the bettering and education of our children, but also for the entertainment of others who get to experience the circus which is my life. We are like our own little family circus. It was then that the lightbulb above my head turned on and I realized why the cartoon The Family Circus is so named.

You sound like such a cute mom! I want to meet your incredibly awesome kiddos
ReplyDelete