The kids were up a lot during the night so I slept through my alarm and did not run. Then the kids were up early so we got breakfast and dressed for the grocery store. Matt had a scout campout planned and I told him I would go grocery shopping for them today. Off to the store with 2 long lists and 3 small children. We got to the last 3 or 4 items before everything fell apart. Benson and Sarah began to run screaming up and down the aisle, Benson ran in front of the cart and hurt his foot, so I picked Benson up and we went to find Lasagna noodles. We had not found them when I heard a crash and felt something splash onto my legs. I turn to find 7 cases of large plastic spaghetti sauce containers sprawling across the floor and my 3 year old standing where the stack should have been exclaiming "Mom, I did not mean to!". After calling for clean up we made sure we had everything the scouts needed and quickly left.
At lunch I was warming up left overs and after I heating up Matt's I opened the microwave to find a spider in his bowl. I don't know where it came from but apparently Spiders can survive in the microwave.
During nap time I tried to collect myself and prepare to spend half the weekend alone with the kids. When the kids woke up we went for a walk/bike ride and then the kids continued to ride bikes and play in the backyard while I made dinner. They were being so cute and playing nicely together I took a picture to remember that something good happened.
Not 30 seconds after I took the picture I was looking down while I set the camera down and Elsie started screaming in pain because Benson stabbed her in the forehead with a stick. After dealing with the thankfully minimal damage to Elsie's face I returned to making popcorn and smoothies for dinner and almost burnt out my blender because the ice froze together while I was gone. We ate outside to avoid more mess in the kitchen, while we were eating Benson tried to eat what I'm pretty sure was a rat dropping. The hose was missing so we skipped cleaning up and came inside to take a bath. At this point Elsie spit a large amount of rotten milk and cottage cheese on the computer, my shirt, and my flip flops.
After I got the kids to bed I made myself 4 cookies and poured a cup of milk to eat while I watched TV. I'd finish the cleaning later.
This morning Sarah informed me that yesterday was the best day of her whole life. "Yesterday?" I asked to confirm and she replied "The day we had smoothies and popcorn for dinner, yes, yesterday was the best day of my WHOLE life!" At least someone enjoyed it.
At lunch I was warming up left overs and after I heating up Matt's I opened the microwave to find a spider in his bowl. I don't know where it came from but apparently Spiders can survive in the microwave.
During nap time I tried to collect myself and prepare to spend half the weekend alone with the kids. When the kids woke up we went for a walk/bike ride and then the kids continued to ride bikes and play in the backyard while I made dinner. They were being so cute and playing nicely together I took a picture to remember that something good happened.
After I got the kids to bed I made myself 4 cookies and poured a cup of milk to eat while I watched TV. I'd finish the cleaning later.
This morning Sarah informed me that yesterday was the best day of her whole life. "Yesterday?" I asked to confirm and she replied "The day we had smoothies and popcorn for dinner, yes, yesterday was the best day of my WHOLE life!" At least someone enjoyed it.

Haha! That must have been a crazy day but it was pretty funny to read about. Can't imagine grocery shopping with 3, glad Elsie's face damage was minimal, and your dinner sounded awesome. I'm glad you have a blog now!
ReplyDelete